- Name: Ostrom Quinn
- Current institution: The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center and Department of Neurosurgery, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC<br>Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio Ph.D.
Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences
Graduation Date: January 2018
Case Western Reserve University of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio M.P.H.
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Graduation Date: May 2012
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan B.S.
Department of Anthropology
Graduation Date: December 2007
Associate Member 03/2021-Present
Duke Cancer Institute, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina
Assistant Professor 01/2021-Present
Department of Neurosurgery, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina
Postdoctoral Associate 01/2018-12/2020
Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) Post-Graduate Training Program in Integrative Cancer Epidemiology, Dan L. Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Section of Epidemiology and Population Science, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Enrico Anglesio Prize 06/2019
International Association of Cancer Registries
Junior Investigator Travel Award 06/2018
Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium Annual Meeting, Copenhagen, Denmark
Doctoral Excellence Award in Epidemiology and Biostatistics 05/2018
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
Central Brain Tumor Registry of the United States (Kruchko, PI) 01/01/21-12/31/21 0.12 calendar
CBTRUS Statistical Analysis. The goal of this Core Contract with CBTRUS is for the DUSOM contracted PI and to conduct statistical analysis for CBTRUS using the NPCR-CSS data files and NCI/SEER Research file. Role: Contract PI; CBTRUS Scientific Co-PI
1. Ostrom QT, et al. Alex\'s Lemonade Stand Foundation Infant and Childhood Primary Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors Diagnosed in the United States in 2007-2011. Neuro Oncol. 2015 Jan;16 Suppl 10:x1-x36.
2. Ostrom QT, et al. American Brain Tumor Association Adolescent and Young Adult Primary Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors Diagnosed in the United States in 2008-2012. Neuro Oncol. 2016 Jan;18 Suppl 1:i1-i50.
3. Melin BS, Barnholtz-Sloan JS, Wrensch MR, Johansen C, Il\'yasova D, Kinnersley B, Ostrom QT, et al. Genome-Wide Association Study of Glioma Subtypes Identifies Specific Differences in Genetic Susceptibility to Glioblastoma and Non-Glioblastoma Tumors. Nat Genet. 2017 May;49(5):789-794.
4. Ostrom QT, et al. Sex-Specific Glioma Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies New Risk Locus at 3p21.31 in Females, and Finds Sex-Differences in Risk At 8q24.21. Sci Rep. 2018 May 9;8(1):7352.
5. Ostrom QT, et al. Adult Glioma Incidence and Survival by Race or Ethnicity in the United States from 2000 to 2014. JAMA Oncol. 2018 Sep 1;4(9):1254-1262. (*Contributed equally to manuscript)
6. Ostrom QT, et al. Age-Specific Genome-Wide Association Study in Glioblastoma Identifies Increased Proportion of \'Lower Grade Glioma\'-Like Features Associated with Younger Age. Int J Cancer. 2018 Nov15;143(10):2359-2366.
7. Ostrom QT, et al. Glioma Risk Associated with Extent of Estimated European Genetic Ancestry in African-Americans and Hispanics. Int J Cancer. 2019 Apr 9.
8. Ostrom QT, et al. CBTRUS Statistical Report: Primary Brain and Other Central Nervous System Tumors Diagnosed in the United States in 2013-2017. Neuro Oncol. 2020 Oct 30;22(12 Suppl 2):iv1-iv96.
9. Ostrom QT, et al. Partitioned glioma heritability shows subtype-specific enrichment in immune cells. Neuro Oncol. 2021 Mar 20:noab072.
10. Ostrom QT, et al. Racial/ethnic disparities in treatment pattern and time to treatment for adults with glioblastoma in the US. J Neurooncol. 2021 Mar 23.
Selected Presentations (2018+)
1. Ostrom QT, et al. Evaluating Glioma Risk Associated with Extent of European Admixture in African-Americans and Latinos. Poster presentation at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting. April 2018.
2. Ostrom QT , et al. Evaluating Glioma Risk Associated with Extent of European Admixture in African-Americans and Latinos. Oral presentation at the Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium (BTEC) Annual Meeting. June 2018. *Received Junior Investigator Award for Attendance*
3. Ostrom QT, et al. Racial and Ethnic Differences in Adult Glioma Incidence and Survival in the United States. Poster Presentation at Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA. November 2018.
4. Ostrom QT, et al. Relative Survival after Diagnosis with a Primary Brain or Other CNS Tumor in the National Program of Cancer Registries, 2001-2014. Oral presentation at North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR)/International Association of Cancer Registries (IACR) Combined Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia. June 2019. *Received Enrico Anglesio Prize*
5. Ostrom QT, et al L. LDscore Regression Identifies Novel Associations Between Glioma and Auto-Immune Conditions. Poster presentation at the Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ. November 2019.
6. Ostrom QT. LDScore Regression Identifies Novel Traits Associated with Glioma. Sunrise Session on “Brain Tumor Epidemiology in the Post-GWAS Era.” Oral presentation at Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) Annual Meeting in Phoenix, AZ. November 2019.
7. Ostrom QT, et al. Racial/ethnic disparities in treatment pattern and time to treatment for adults with glioblastoma in the US. Oral presentation at Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) Virtual Annual Meeting. November 2020.
8. Kruchko C, Patil N, Cioffi G, Brat DJ, Bruner JM, McLendon RE, Tihan T, Barnholtz-Sloan JS, Ostrom QT. Aligning the CBTRUS Histology Groups with 2016 WHO Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System. Oral presentation at National Association for Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR) Summer Forum. June 2021.
9. Ostrom QT. Biomarkers in population-based brain tumor research. Oral presentation at Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium (BTEC) virtual annual meeting. June 2021.
© 2021 Fondo Elena Moroni Via San Secondo 25, 10128 Torino, Italy firstname.lastname@example.org