Fellowship and scolarship
The Fondo Elena Moroni engaged in resuming the fellowship activity that was carried out by the former organization, the Fondo Anglesio Moroni, between 2005 and 2018. The Fellowship and Scholarship program was then suspended, for financial reasons. Between 2005 and 2018 the Program granted 19 fellowship (listed at the end of this page).The Fondo Elena Moroni has announced the resuming at the beginning of 2020, but the onset of the CoviD Pandemic made it impossible to go on with a call. A new will be announced when the safe and unrestricted international traveling will be possible again.
The Fondo Elena Moroni offers scholarships and financial contributions to participate to work meetings, conferences, short courses, academic studies and research programmes.
Medical doctors, researchers, technicians, nurses and other professionals working in the field of oncology, and particularly in cancer epidemiology, are eligible for scholarships and contributions. Candidates are not subject to age or nationality restrictions.
Scholarships and contributions may also constitute a partial funding source in addition to other resources the candidate may find.
Applications can be submitted anytime and candidates can expect a decision within six weeks. Applications are evaluated by the Board od Directors, the Scientific Committee and experts from Fondo Elena Moroni.
Applicants should send the application form, a cover letter and all supporting documents in electronic form. The Fondo may request further documentation.
Payment of scholarships and contributions will be done within a reasonable timeframe in relation to the event applied for, usually before the beginning of the event.
Scholarships and contributions are granted to support the training needs of candidates, and do not imply any responsibility for the Fondo Elena Moroni. If scholarships and contributions are awarded in support of a trip outside the candidates’ country of residence, these commit to return to their country of residence once they complete the programme.
The Fondo Elena Moroni declines any responsibility whatsoever in case of an accident during the duration of the scholarships and encourage candidates to take an adequate insurance policy. The Fondo Elena Moroni does not establish any relationships whatsoever with the candidates Institutions of origin and destination.
In case of an award of a scholarship or contribution, candidates must send a Letter of Acceptance of these conditions to the Fondo Elena Moroni, and must commit themselves to mention the funding source in appropriate circumstances and in oral presentations, scientific articles, publications, theses, curriculum vitae, etc.)
Within one month of completion of the scolarship, beneficiaries will send a short (1 page) report on the work performed, enclosing supporting material.
List of the Fellowship granted between 2005 and 2018
Travel grant awarded to Mr. Pietro Presti, CEO of the Fondazione Tempia, Biella, Italy, to attend the 25° UICC World Cancer Congress in Kuala Lampur Malaysia, on 1-4 October 2018
Travel Grant awarded to Ms Lidia Sacchetto, of the Piedmont Cancer Registry, Torino, Italy, to attend the conference “Global Cancer: Occurrence, Causes, and Avenues to Prevention” organized by the IARC for celebrating the 50° Anniversary of the establishment of the Agency, Lyon, 7-10 June 2015
travel grant awarded to Ms Dora Loria, Buenos Aires, Argentina, for attending the GEM (Genes, Environment and Melanoma) annual meeting, held in Castagneto Carducci, Italy, on 25-26 September 2014.
Contribution to the invitation of Prof Tezer Kutluk, UICC President, Professor on Paediatric Oncology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, for lecturing at the Conference “The New Frontiers in Cancer Control: an Overall View”, held in Torino and Biella on 10-11 May 2013.
Scholarship awarded to Dr. Judith Didi-Kouko Coulibaly, UFR des Sciences Médicales, Abidjan, Ivory
Coast to participate in the “Troisièmes Journées Francophones de Lutte Contre le Cancer en faveur des pays en développement”, held in Montpellier (France) on 8-9 April 2010.
- Travel grant awarded to Prof. Benedetto Terracini, Università degli Studi di Torino, to travel to Buenos Aires (Argentina), on 28 September – 5 October 2009 for work at the Fundacion Kaleidos, Registro Onco-Hospitalario Argentino (ROHA), with Dr. Florencia Moreno (Director, ROHA), Dr. Dora Loria (epidemiologist, Roffo Cancer Institute), and Dr. Graciela Abriata (epidemiologist, Ministry of Health).
- Travel grant awarded to Dr. Maria Stella de Sabata to participate in “7th Meeting of the Mediterranean Task Force for Cancer Control (MTCC)”, held in Marrakesh, Morocco, on 24 April 2009. In this occasion Dr de Sabata presented: “Fondo Anglesio Moroni: overview of activities in the Mediterranean area”.
- Scholarships awarded to Dr. Thérèse Garnier, Centre d’Oncologie IBN ROCHD, Casablanca, Morocco e to Dr. Abdoulaye Elola, Institut des sciences de la santé de l’Université, Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso to attend the “Deuxième Journée Francophone de Lutte Contre le Cancer en faveur des pays en développement”, held in Montpellier (France) on 3 April 2009.
- Travel grant awarded to Ms. Stella de Sabata, International Agency for Atomic Energy, Wien Austria, to travel to Parma to act as a member in the third edition of the Enrico Anglesio Prize.
- Travel grant awarded to Ms. Dora Loria, Institute for Oncology “AH Roffo” of Buenos Aires, Argentina, to travel to Parma to act as a member of the Jury in the third edition of the Enrico Anglesio Prize.
- Travel grant awarded to Pierre Band, University of Montreal, Canada, for a visit to Italy, during which he delivered two Conferences, one in Turin and one in Parma, in occasion of the celebration of the centenary of Enrico Anglesio’s birth. The topic was “History of Medical Oncology” for both conferences.
- Travel grant awarded to Lisseth Ruiz de Campos, volountary association Asaprecan, Republic of Salvador, to participate to the UICC World Congress in Geneva, August 2008.
- Scholarship awarded to Prof. Enrique Barrios, Professor of Epidemiology, University of Uruguay, Uruguay, to attend the annual GRELL meeting, Montreal, Canada, 16-18 May 2007.
- Travel grant awarded to Ms. Stella de Sabata, International Agency for Atomic Energy, Wien Austria, to travel to Montreal to act as Jury member in the second edition of the Enrico Anglesio Prize.
- Scholarship awarded to Dr. Ebert Poquioma, Peru, to attend the Course on Cancer Registration organised by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, June 2007.
- Fellowship awarded to Dr. Guadalupe Aguiar Madrid, Mexico City, Mexico, to complete an internship with Prof. Benedetto Terracini in Torino, June 2007, for writing a research project on asbestos related tumours in her country.
- Scholarship awarded to Mr Nicolas Zengarini, Departamento de Cancerogenesis Quimica y Ambiantal, Institute “AH Roffo”, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, for a three months internship at the Servizio Epidemiologia della ASL 5, Grugliasco, Torino, on the topic: “Social Inequalities and Cancer Incidence and Survival”, January-March 2006.
- Scholarship awarded to Dr Una Kojalo, Latvia Cancer Registry, Riga, Latvia, to participate to the course “Cancer Survival: principles methods and applications” organised within the EUROCHIP Project of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London 3-7 April.
- Scholarship awarded to Dr Rosa Maria Ortiz, Istituto de Oncologia y Immunobiologia, University of La Habana, Cuba, to prolong her internship at the Instituto Catalan de Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain, on primary and secondary cancer prevention, June 2006.
- Scholarship awarded to Dr Pedro Leon, Registro de Cancer de Cajamarca, Cajamarca, Peru, to attend the Course on Cancer Registration organised by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, June 2006.
Scholarship awarded to Ms Natalia Ondiscol, Cancer Registry of Bahia Bianca, Argentina, for her
participation to the course: “Registro de Cancer: Mejorando la Calidad de los Datos y su Analisis”. The course was held in Montevideo, Uruguay, 15-19 August 2005, organised by UICC, International Union Against Cancer, Geneva; CHLCC, Comision Honoraria de Lucha Contra el Cancer, Montevideo, PRONOCAN, Programma Nacional Contra el Cancer, Uruguay; Fondo Anglesio Moroni, Torino.
© 2021 Fondo Elena Moroni Via San Secondo 25, 10128 Torino, Italy email@example.com